The nuke calculator as promised. I'm not sure what range the values are reasonably accurate within, but when I do figure it out. I'll post em.
[nuke calculator loading...]Just in case you were wondering here are the different effects of the different pressures (from this site mention previously):
- 1 psi - Window glass shatters
Light injuries from fragments occur.
- 3 psi - Residential structures collapse.
Serious injuries are common, fatalities may occur.
- 5 psi - Most buildings collapse.
Injuries are universal, fatalities are widespread.
- 10 psi - Reinforced concrete buildings are severely damaged or demolished.
Most people are killed.
- 20 psi - Heavily built concrete buildings are severely damaged or demolished.
Fatalities approach 100%.
I've revamped the js a bit so now it works much better. This app is used for calculating either the ranges in kilometers of the effects of a nuclear blast of a particular yeild in kilotons OR calculating the yeild necessary to acheive the range for a particular effect.